Hardware Design Engineer
Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models’ orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence.
We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence compute. The performance of Graphcore’s IPU is going to be transformative across all industries and sectors whether you are a medical researcher, roboticist or building autonomous cars.
Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from all industries and sectors to expand human potential with technology. What we do, really makes a difference.
As a hardware design engineer, you will be working as part of Graphcore’s engineering team in Oslo developing Graphcore scale out technology for our Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU). You will interact closely with the software and FPGA/ASIC teams to develop core IP and related components for our scale out solution.
This position will be part of our team driving development, production and test of state of the art printed circuit boards for our scale out AI systems. This includes design of SoC processor systems with volatile/non-volatile memories, High-Speed Memory (DDR4/5) FPGA/ASIC, IO standards, Ethernet technology, analog/digital POL power solutions and high speed serial interconnects.
- A solid background and expertise in all aspects of hardware design, production and test
- A deep understanding of computer architecture, IO and networking standards and printed circuit board technology is preferred plus a good understanding of System on a Chip design and architecture in general
- Solid experience with high-speed circuit design and simulation is required
- Experience with modern PCB tools (schematic capture and routing), constraint generation, 2D/3D field solvers, material selection, stack-ups and production will be an advantage
- Experience with C or FPGA/CPLD programming will be a plus
- Knowledge of mechanical and thermal design is preferred
- Good documentation skills and project management skills are a plus but not a requirement
This is a full time role based in Oslo (Norway).
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.